Baby Hasselback Potato Bake with Cheddar and Bacon
From a Chef's Kitchen
Baby Hasselback Potato Bake with Cheddar and Bacon is super simple and guaranteed to be a hit!
- butter, oil or nonstick cooking spray for baking dish
- 1 bag (28-ounce) baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (approximately)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (approximately)
- 0.5 teaspoon Hungarian paprika (approximately)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- chopped scallion tops or chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter, oil or spray an 8 x 11-inch baking dish.
- Cut slits in each potato, leaving the bottom intact. Stop just before reaching the bottom of the potato. Space the slices 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch apart.
- Set on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper to taste. Roast for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes "fan out" slightly and are tender.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. (Be sure to get the seasoning "inside" the potato.)
- Transfer potatoes to a baking dish. The potatoes should be snug but not so snug that you close up the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and return to oven to 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with scallion tops or chives and serve immediately.