Potato Green Bean Salad with Olives and Feta Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Potato Green Bean Salad with Olives and Feta Cheese is a lovely Greek-inspired twist on traditional potato salad!
- ½ small red onion (thinly sliced vertically)
- 8 ounces young green beans or haricot verts (broked into 2-inch pieces )
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes (cubed)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup olive oil ((divided))
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- ½ cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- lemon slices (for garnish)
- Place thinly sliced red onion in a large bowl.
- Prepare an ice bath. Bring a small pot of salted water. Cook the green beans for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until bright green. Drain and transfer to the ice bath. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small pot with salt and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until easily pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, oregano, ground red pepper and salt to taste in a small bowl.
- Drain the potatoes, add to bowl with onions, drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the green beans, olives, feta cheese and toss with more dressing as desired. Garnish with lemon slices.