Baked French Toast Casserole
Tastes Better From Scratch
Quick and easy Baked French Toast Casserole you can make the day before and refrigerate overnight so it's ready to bake and enjoy in the morning.
- 8 large egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt ((a little less if using table salt))
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound loaf of french bread or cinnamon bread
- 2 tablespoon softened butter for greasing baking dish
- 4 tablespoon light brown sugar (, packed)
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon cold butter
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13'' baking dish. Cut bread into 1 inch chunks and place in dish.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cream and milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and mix well. Pour evenly over the bread cubes.
- Gently toss the bread around a little to make sure the top and bottom pieces all get dipped in the egg mixture. Spread out evenly, cover dish, and refrigerate overnight.
- At this point you can quickly make the topping before hand, and leave it in the fridge overnight.
View the recipe instructions at Tastes Better From Scratch