Rainbow Bean Salad with Sweet and Sour Brown Sugar Dressing
The View From the Great Island
Rainbow Bean Salad with Sweet and Sour Dressing ~ a healthy high fiber bean salad for your next potluck table. It's grandma's bean salad ~ but better!
- 1 cup each or approximately 140 grams each:
- canned black beans
- canned garbanzo beans
- canned kidney beans
- canned white navy beans
- edamame beans (thawed from frozen)
- 2 cups or 260 grams assorted colorful bell peppers, cut in small dice
- ⅓ cup or 50 grams sliced black olives
- ⅓ cup or 50 grams very finely diced red onion
- 1 cup or 150 grams small cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ jalapeno or serrano pepper (minced)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sherry vinegar (you can use red wine vinegar if you like)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- good pinch of white pepper
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Make sure all your beans are drained and rinsed well to remove any 'canned' flavor. Place all the beans in a large bowl, along with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, blend the ingredients together with a stick blender or in a small food processor, until emulsified and creamy. Taste to adjust any of the seasonings.
- Toss the salad in enough dressing to thoroughly moisten, you won't use all of it. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and then toss with more dressing.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island