Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies
The View From the Great Island
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies will win you over with their moist dense texture, lots of banana flavor, and dark chocolate chips!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (I used my favorite Vanilla Paste)
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2)
- dry ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used a little less)
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Then add the banana and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients together and add them to the wet, mixing just until completely combined. Stir in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle over the top.
- Spread out the batter evenly in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining chips across the surface and press them in lightly.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until it is slightly puffed, and is not wet or wobbly in the center. A toothpick will have moist crumbs, but not wet batter, clinging to it. If the top seems to be browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
- Let cool on a rack before cutting.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island