Basic Sourdough Bread
Basic Sourdough bread that is great to have toasted with some jam for breakfast.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cups Wholewheat Flour ((or use 2¼cups of all purpose ))
- 1 cups Sourdough (Fed Starter)
- ¼ cup Potato flour
- 1 tsps yeast (Instant)
- 1 tsps sugar
- 1 tsps salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- ½ cup water (Lukewarm)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and knead until a smooth, pliable dough is formed.
- Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside for 45~60 minutes or until puffy and almost doubled in volume.
- Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- On a lightly greased work surface, gently deflate the dough, and form it into a 9" log. Place the log seam side down in the prepared pan. Cover with a lightly greased wrap and let rise for 60~90 minutes, until it crests about 1" over the rim of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bread for 40~50 minutes or until it's light golden and a digital thermometer inserted into the center reads 190°F.
- Remove the bread from the oven and after a couple of minutes turn it out of the pan onto a wire rack to cool. Slice when the bread is completely cool.