We’ve used beef mince, spinach, frozen peas and fragrant spices to make this easy Indian-style curry. Serve with rice or naan breads for a healthy weeknight dinner.
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- fresh ginger (5 cm piece, shredded)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 500 g minced beef
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- pinch sugar
- 250 ml water
- 200 g frozen peas
- 100 g spinach
- 100 g natural yogurt
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime (juice of)
- ground black pepper
- wedges Lime
- Rice (steamed, or naan bread)
- In a large frying pan, heat a glug of oil over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and crushed garlic. Fry for 5-8 minutes, then add the hot chilli powder, garam masala, grated fresh ginger and ground turmeric. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, sugar andwater. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add frozen peas and spinach, then cook for 6-8 minutes until the peas are soft and the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in natural yogurt, a large handful of fresh coriander leaves and the juice of 1 lime.
- Top with extra yogurt and coriander, sprinkle with ground black pepper, then serve with extra lime wedges and steamed rice or naan bread.
View the recipe instructions at delicious. magazine