Biscuits with Tempeh Bacon Gravy
Biscuits with Tempeh Bacon Gravy are a hearty and comforting breakfast. A dairy free and gluten free recipe that everyone will love!
- 1 package tempeh
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan Butter
- 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour Blend
- 2 cups non dairy milk (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup tempeh bacon bits
- 4 gluten free biscuits (halved)
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick silicone mat.
- Whisk together the aminos, maple syrup, paprika, liquid smoke, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Crumble in the tempeh in bacon bit sizes and toss to coat. Pour this out onto your baking tray lined with a silicone mat. Bake for 15 minutes, toss, and bake for another 15-20, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- Once the tempeh bacon bits are out of the oven, add the vegan butter to a medium skillet and place it over medium heat to melt. Once the butter is melted, add in the flour blend and stir. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the flour starts to sizzle and becomes a paste with the butter. Slowly add the milk in, whisking constantly to prevent clumps. Continue to stir the gravy until it begins to bubble. Remove from the heat and add in 1 cup of the tempeh bacon bits. Stir to combine and serve over warm biscuits.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds