Blistered Corn and Asparagus Salad with Salmon
The View From the Great Island
Blistered Corn and Asparagus Salad with Salmon dressed in a creamy lemon chive dressing ~ a healthy vibrant main course salad that satisfies ~ a win win!
- 0.5 pound wild caught salmon filet (you can also use leftover cooked salmon)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 ears Corn
- 1 bunch thin asparagus
- 3 large handfuls of baby arugula (make sure it is dry)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp creamy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp snipped chives (don't use dried)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and lay out the salmon. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt. Bake for about 20 minutes, or just until the fish flakes.
- While the fish bakes, it's time to blister the veggies. Trim the lower third of the asparagus stems and discard. Brush them lightly with oil, and do the same with the corn.
- There are several ways to go about this, depending on your situation. If you are grilling, put the corn and asparagus on the grates and turn often until they are charred in spots and their color becomes brighter. This will only take a few minutes. You can use a stove top grill pan, or if you have a gas range you can char the corn right over the gas flame on your stove top, just hold it with tongs and be careful. The veggies can be charred under the broiler, too. Place them on a baking sheet and set on the level closest to the broiler flame. Shake the pan to turn the asparagus a few times while blistering.
- After the veggies have cooled slightly, run a knife down the sides of the corn to remove the kernels, and chop the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Put the arugula in a large wide salad bowl and toss with the cooled veggies and just enough dressing to moisten. Season with a little salt to taste.
- Flake the salmon in the center of the salad. Drizzle the salmon with more dressing, season with fresh cracked pepper, and sprinkle with snipped chives. Enjoy!