Blueberry Lemon Bars
The View From the Great Island
Blueberry Lemon Bars ~ this easy lemon bar recipe is a perfect quick spring and summer dessert ~ serve them chilled right from the fridge!
makes 9-12 servings
- 1 sleeve (9 full) graham crackers
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup strained fresh squeezed lemon juice
- a drop of yellow food coloring (optional)
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Toss the crumbs with the sugar and melted butter, making sure to get all the crumbs evenly saturated.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- Whisk the egg yolks well, and whisk in the condensed milk until well combined. Add the lemon juice and food coloring, if using, and mix again. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the crust and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until just set.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Serve cold with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island