Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
The View From the Great Island
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a quick and easy one bowl recipe that showcases one of my favorite flavor combinations, juicy blueberries and tangy lemon!
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1.25 cup blueberries
- 1.5 cups confectioner's sugar
- lemon juice
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a standard 9x5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and blend well.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, and fold them into the batter.
- Turn the batter into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until risen and done in the center, check with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze mix enough lemon juice with the sugar to make a spreadable consistency, start with 3 tablespoons.. Use more lemon juice to thin it, or add sugar to thicken.