Bourbon Banana Bread
The View From the Great Island
Bourbon Banana Bread ~ this easy banana bread recipe is stepped up a notch with a shot of Bourbon ~ it's the perfect quick bread for breakfast or brunch.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 mashed bananas
- bourbon glaze
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 tbsp bourbon
- milk or water to thin
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a standard 9x5 loaf pan and line with a piece of parchment paper with long ends so you can lift out the bread after baking.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the bourbon and vanilla bean paste.
- Toss the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Blend the sour cream and mashed bananas together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar, alternately with the sour cream/banana mixture, beginning and ending with the dry. Blend just enough after each addition to combine, don't over mix.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until fully risen and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out without wet batter on it.
- Let cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze, stir together the sugar and bourbon, adding a touch of milk or water to thin to glaze consistency.
- Pour or spread the glaze on the cooled cake.