Breakfast Quinoa Rice Pudding
There is something about eating indulgent rice pudding for breakfast and feeling good about it.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 very ripe banana (mashed)
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2½ cups almond OR coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract to taste
- Add the mashed banana, coconut cream, almond milk, salt, and maple syrup to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add in the cooked rice and quinoa. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently until the rice pudding has thickened and become very creamy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the cinnamon, vanilla, and almond extract. Spoon into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds