Brown Butter Blueberry Banana Bread
The Honey Blonde
If you love banana bread you will love this recipe! If you kinda like banana bread, even you will probably really like this recipe. If it can win over someone like me who it not generally a banana bread fan, it must be pretty stinkin’ good.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup milk (plus 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the stick of butter. Once melted, let simmer, stirring occasionally, until it turns an amber color. Set aside and let cool.
- Pour butter in a measuring cup, add enough milk to bring to 1/2 cup. Add 1 additional tablespoon.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, butter, and milk. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix into egg mixture until barely incorporated. Toss blueberries in a little bit of flour, then fold into the batter.
- Line a loaf pan in parchment and spray with some cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and smooth out top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.