Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies are a healthier whole grain cookie that has more flavor and better texture than regular chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, barely softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Beat the butter and sugars for several minutes until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and egg, beat well.
- Whisk the above dry ingredients together, then add to the wet ingredient.
- Mix well, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by medium sized scoops onto a silpat or parchment lied baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies will appear slightly underdone. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island