Butter Pecan Pumpkin Souffle
The View From the Great Island
Butter Pecan Pumpkin Souffle, a decadent side dish made with fresh pumpkin and a sweet pecan crumble topping.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds cooked pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 0.33333333333333 cup buttermilk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 0.25 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, more if you love it
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 0.66666666666667 cup all purpose flour
- 0.66666666666667 cup brown sugar
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- Set the oven to 350F
- Put the pumpkin in the bowl of a food processor and add the eggs, brown sugar, buttermilk, and melted butter. Pulse about 25 times, and then run the machine for an additional few seconds to completely puree the mixture. A little texture is ok, don't over-process. Season with the nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the pumpkin puree into a gratin dish and spread out evenly.
- Blend the topping ingredients together in a bowl, tossing with a fork or your fingers until crumbly. Make sure to break up any clumps of brown sugar. Crumble the mixture evenly over the souffle.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. If the topping browns too quickly, cover it loosely with foil.