Charred Corn and Bean Salad
The View From the Great Island
Charred Corn and Bean Salad ~ everybody's favorite healthy summer salad gets a delicious makeover with sweet corn that's been blackened on the grill.
- i cup cooked or canned pinto beans
- 1 cup cooked or canned garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked or canned white beans
- 1 cup cooked or canned kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked or canned black eyed peas
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen and thawed lima beans
- 2 ears of corn, charred, kernels removed
- 1 small pickling cucumber (chopped)
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup marinated red peppers, I used Bird's Beak peppers from the olive bar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smooth Dijon mustard
- pinch salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing and taste to adjust any of the ingredients. Toss the salad with the dressing. Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
- Serve garnished with more fresh thyme leaves.
- The salad will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island