Cheesy Garlic Vegan Alfredo (30 Minutes)
Deliciously rich and creamy vegan alfredo, super cheesy, garlic infused and ready in 30 minutes or less! Perfect for an easy and delicious vegan dinner.
- 9 oz fettuccine pasta
- 3 tbsp vegan Butter
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper
- parsley (chopped)
- vegan parmesan cheese
- Put the fettuccine on to cook according to package directions, when cooked, drain well and cover. If the pasta starts sticking together, toss with a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the vegan butter to a saucepan along with the crushed garlic and heat until the butter is melted.
- Sift in the flour and fry the flour in the butter briefly. Then add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
- Stir continuously until the sauce begins to boil and then continue stirring until it thickens. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools, so it doesn\'t need to be the perfect thickness when you remove it from the heat, but it must have thickened quite a bit from when you started.
- Remove from heat and add in the black pepper, dijon mustard and nutritional yeast and whisk in with your hand whisk. Add sea salt to taste.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked fettuccine and serve with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of black pepper and some vegan parmesan cheese (optional).
View the recipe instructions at lovingitvegan.com