Chewy Ginger Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Chewy Ginger Cookies are the ultimate fall and holiday cookie, full of spices and molasses, they're easy to make and your whole house will smell amazing.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- extra sugar for rolling
- Set the oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Form or scoop balls the size of a small walnut. Roll in granulated sugar to coat.
- Place on an un-greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, an let cool slightly on the pan before transferring to a rack.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island