Chicken, Lentil & Kale Braise
Upgrade your go-to chicken dinner with this winning idea
- 4 spray cooking spray (calorie controlled)
- 500 g chicken breast (skinless, raw mini fillets)
- 1 tablespoons thyme (finely chopped)
- fresh lemon
- 1 red pepper s (medium, roughly chopped)
- 2 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
- 200 g kale (raw roughly chopped)
- 1 can green lentils (large, drained, or brown, cooked drained and rinsed)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 4 corn on the cob (medium, raw)
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and lemon thyme and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Mist the pan with more cooking spray then add the pepper and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes until tender. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for a further minute, then stir in the lentils and lemon juice.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the lentil mixture then cover and cook for 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile, cook the sweetcorn in the microwave to pack instructions. Serve the chicken, lentil and kale braise with the sweetcorn cobs on the side.
View the recipe instructions at www.weightwatchers.com