Chicken With Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Recipe video above. Dinner on the table in 20 minutes! The sauce is ridiculously addictive - I'm tempted to double it!
- 750 g chicken thighs (or chicken breast (, skinless and boneless)
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes (strips, drained of oil)
- 2 tbsp oil (from sun dried tomatoes jar (( note 1 )))
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup white wine (sub chicken broth )))
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- ⅓ cup Parmesan (very finely shredded (( note 2 )))
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup basil leaves (packed, optional )))
- Breast: Cut chicken in half horiztonally to form 2 thin steaks.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil from sun dried tomat jar in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides - 6 minutes total for thigh or 4 minutes for breast. Remove onto a plate, keep warm.
- Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds until light golden.
- Add wine. Bring to simmer and scrape the bottom of the skillet to mix all the brown bits into the wine.
- Let the wine simmer for 1 minute or so until the smell of alcohol is gone which means it has evaporated.
- Mix in mustard, then add the chicken broth, cream, parmesan and sun dried tomatoes.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Stir regularly to dissolve parmesan cheese.
- Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir through basil leaves, then return chicken into pan. Spoon sauce over and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve immediately! Great served over mashed potato, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower or pasta. Or serve with bread on the side to mop up sauce!
View the recipe instructions at www.recipetineats.com