Chickpea Broccoli Buddha Bowl
This Chickpea Broccoli Buddha Bowl is a one-bowl meal packed with plant protein, roasted veggies, and a delicious peanut sauce. Great for adults and kids alike!
- 1 oz chickpeas (can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 heads broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 3 carrots (medium, chopped, 1 heaping cup)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked, or quinoa)
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup almond milk (more if needed to thin)
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce (sub tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp minced ginger (optional)
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silipat or parchment paper. Place chickpeas, broccoli, and carrots on baking sheet. Season with olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook your grains. I used frozen brown rice, which made it super easy!
- Place peanut butter in a medium bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds (optional, but this will make it easier to stir). Add almond milk, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, and red pepper flakes and whisk until smooth.
- Assemble bowls by placing grains at the bottom topped with veggie mixture and plenty of peanut sauce.
View the recipe instructions at www.hummusapien.com