Chickpea, Orzo And Tomato Stew With Feta And Dill
A tasty, easy-to-make one-pot veggie dish proves that healthy family food doesn’t need to break the bank. Discover more of our one-pot recipes here.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1½ tsp Mustard seeds
- 200 g orzo
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 400 g tin chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- handful fresh dill (chopped)
- 100 g vegetarian feta (crumbled)
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry gently for 6-8 minutes until softened but not coloured. Turn up the heat slightly, add most of the chilli flakes and all the mustard seeds, then fry for 1-2 minutes more until the mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Stir in the orzo, then pour in the tomatoes, stock and chickpeas. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened and orzo is tender.
- Stir in most of the dill, then check and adjust the seasoning (be careful with the salt as feta can be salty). Serve in warmed bowls sprinkled with the feta, remaining dill and chilli flakes.
View the recipe instructions at delicious. magazine