Chitranna made with potatoes, lots of peanuts and lemon juice.
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 potato (Medium , peeled and cubed)
- 2 ~ 3 Chilies (Green - slit)
- 8 ~ 10 Curry leaves
- 3 tbsps Lemon Lime juice (/)
- 3 tbsps Peanuts
- 2 tbsps Cashews
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- to taste Salt
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 ~ 3 Red Chili (Dry)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (majjiga Mirapakayalu - for serving)
- Cook rice with a few drops of oil, turmeric and salt. Make sure not to overcook the rice.
- Heat 2tbsp oil (or a combination of oil and ghee) in a pan; add the peanuts and cashews and fry till lightly golden. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same oil, add the tempering ingredients and saute till golden and the seeds start sputtering.
- Add curry leaves, green chilies, potatoes and cook till they are tender. I usually microwave the potatoes to make the cooking part faster.
- Once the potatoes are done, add it to the rice along with the roasted peanuts and cashews. Add lemon juice and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Serve with fried majjiga mirapakayalu.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout