Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Honey Blonde
There is a whole lot of chocolate chip cookie recipe out there but these are the best!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Then add in the eggs and extract and mix until combined.
- Pour in the flour mixture in two stages. Add in first half and mix until combined. Then add in second half and just barely mix in. There should still be a lot of flour that hasn’t been incorporated. Now add the chocolate chips and mix until flour is just barely combined.
- Dump the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap, flatten into a disk, then wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Once dough has chilled, form into 1 tbsp balls of our dough. Place balls on the baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with sea salt. Chill the dough again for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dough balls from the freezer and make sure they are at least 1 to 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Remove from the baking sheet while they are still warm from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde