Chocolate Chip Oats Cookies
Chocolate Chip Oats Cookies are soft and chewy. They go beyond the regular chocolate chip cookies with the addition of nutty oats.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Old fashioned or Quick-cooking Oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 16tbsp) Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5½ tbsp Egg replacer whisked in 41/2tbsp water) (Or use 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz mini semisweet chocolate chips (Use about 2 cups of chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 2~3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg replacer mixture (or the egg and the egg yolk) and vanilla, beat well until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or teaspoon size cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 11/2"~2" between the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes (for the table size cookies) and for 12~13 minutes (for the teaspoon size cookies), until they are light brown with lightly darker edges.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the cookies rest for a few minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack once they are set enough to handle.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout