Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
The View From the Great Island
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is moist and tender with just the right amount of spice, and the chocolate chips are a fabulous bonus!
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree*
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs ((beaten))
- ¼ tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice (I was out of allspice so I substituted ginger)
- dry ingredients
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a non-stick bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together with the spices and set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry into the wet until JUST combined. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the bundt pan and even out slightly, if necessary.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it, wet crumbs are fine, about 40-50 minutes. The range of baking time depends on your pan and your oven. Check early.
- Cool briefly and turn out onto a plate or rack. It’s delicious hot, warm, or cold!
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island