Chocolate Peppermint Macaroon Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Macaroon Cookies are an easy 4 ingredient recipe that is made with wholesome and healthy gluten free ingredients!
- 8 oz unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup honey or brown rice syrup (for a more neutral flavor)
- 5 oz dark chocolate (chopped (optional))
- crushed candy canes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with a silpat (also called a silicone mat).
- Add the coconut, cacao, and salt to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in the honey, starting with and stir to combine. It will take some elbow grease to get the mixture to come together - but keep at it! You will get there.
- Form the dough into macaroon shaped cookies and line up on a baking tray. These cookies don't spread, so as long as they are not touching, they can sit pretty close to one another.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Set aside ant allow to cool.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Dip the bottom of the macaroons in chocolate and then into the crushed candy canes. Set them on wax or parchment paper to set. Once the chocolate hardens, serve.