Chocolate Sugar Cookies
The Honey Blonde
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee extract (optional)
- 2 cups purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the egg and extracts until just combined.
- Mix in cocoa powder and 1 cup of flour until barely combined Add in remaining flour and salt 1/2 cup at a time until dough is tacky and no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Turn dough out on to a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap up and place in the fridge until ready to use. Dough can be rolled out right away if your in a pinch.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on the counter top. Roll dough out on the parchment paper, using minimal flour to keep the rolling pin from sticking.
- Cut dough out to the desired shapes. Bake for 10-15 minutes until just barely brown around the edge.