Classic Zucchini Bread
The View From the Great Island
You just can't improve on Classic Zucchini Bread, so I won't even try. This is the Grandma approved, fabulous zucchini bread you know and love!
- 0.75 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 0.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- about 1 1/2 cups freshly grated zucchini
- 0.5 cup chopped Walnuts
- Set the oven to 350F
- Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the sugar and oil.
- Add vanilla and the eggs (one at a time) and beat in between. Add in the cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- Whisk the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and then add to the wet ingredients. Mix until just blended, don't over mix.
- Fold in the zucchini and the nuts.
- Spread out evenly in the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick inserted near the center.