Cocoa Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberries
The View From the Great Island
These fun chocolatey pancakes topped with strawberries will help get any day off to a festive and delicious start!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 0.75 cup white whole wheat flour
- 0.25 cup Ovaltine or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 1.25 cups buttermilk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- a splash of vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together and combine the two, mixing just until everything is incorporated. Don't over mix, lumps are good. If the batter seems too thick, add more buttermilk.
- Cook the pancakes on a hot griddle and serve with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.