Coconut Lime Squares
The View From the Great Island
Coconut Lime Squares ~ when the craving for rum, fresh coconut, and lime hits, this is your go to easy tropical dessert.
- 1.3333333333333 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.33333333333333 cup coconut flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 0.5 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups confectioner's sugar
- juice of up to 2 limes
- zest of 2 limes
- Set oven to 350F
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and molasses together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the rum and/or extracts.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Fold in the coconut.
- Spread in an 8x8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper with overhanging edges for easy removal. (Or lightly grease the pan)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then lift the blondies out of the pan with the parchment paper and finish cooling on a rack. Glaze when completely cool.
- To make the glaze, miix the sugar with enough lime juice to make a spreadable glaze. Mix in the zest or sprinkle it on top.