Coconut Snowball Melting Moments
The View From the Great Island
Coconut Snowball Melting Moments are buttery little bites of coconut bliss ~ perfect for the holidays, or any day. These easy shortbread cookies literally melt in your mouth.
approximately 34 bite sized cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks, or 8 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 0.33333333333333 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 0.75 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups confectioner's sugar
- 0.5 tsp coconut extract
- milk or cream for thinning
- more shredded coconut for garnish
- set oven to 350F
- To make the cookies, cream the butter and then beat in the extract, sugar, flour and cornstarch until everything is blended. Blend in the coconut.
- Form the dough into a ball or a disk and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Use a small 1" cookie scoop to form balls of dough and place then on an ungreased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake for 14 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to get a little brown around the bottom edge. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then gently transfer to a cooling rack. the cookies are delicate, so go easy on them.
- When the cookies are completely cool, dab a little bit of frosting on top of each one, and top with coconut.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and then blend in the extract and the sugar, adding enough cream or milk to make a creamy spreadable frosting.