The View From the Great Island
Colossal Brownies ~ these delicious brownies are lusciously large and decadently dark, because when it comes to chocolate, I say go big, or go home!
4 colossal sized brownies
- 1 cup, (2 sticks or 16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 0.75 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- Set the oven to 350F
- Spray a 9x9 square baking sheet with baking spray, and (this is optional) line with parchment paper with overlapping ends so it will be easier to lift out for cutting.
- Cut the butter up into chunks and put it in a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Zap it for a minute in the microwave until the butter is melted.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Add the extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Sift the cocoa if it has alot of lumps.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring just until everything is well combined.
- Spread the batter in the pan, and take a moment to even out the surface.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until the brownies are risen, slightly dry along the edges, and a toothpick inserted in the center doesn't have wet batter on it. (Moist crumbs are ok) Don't over-bake.
- Let cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into four large squares.