The View From the Great Island
Couscous Almondine Salad is easy to throw together, chocked full of great tastes and textures, healthy as all get out, and keeps for a week in the fridge!
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 0.5 cup finely diced cucumber
- 0.5 cup finely diced tomato
- 0.5 cup slivered almonds
- 0.25 cup dried currents
- 0.25 cup dried peaches (finely diced)
- 0.25 cup dried plums (finely diced)
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup olive oil ((divided))
- juice of lemons
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Put the couscous in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and taste to see if you need to adjust any of the ingredients. You can dress the salad immediately or wait until you are ready to eat. Use just enough to moisten and flavor the salad, but don't drown it.
- Keeps for a week covered in the refrigerator.