Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
From a Chef's Kitchen
Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts are easy enough for a weeknight yet elegant enough for a dinner party.
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced onion or scallion
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon (1.25l) fish stock (scant) chopped fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs or panko
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Gently fold in crab. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cut horizontally through the center of each chicken breast, creating a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through at any point.
- Fill each pocket with equal amounts of the stuffing. Secure with toothpicks. Dredge each piece of chicken in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet. Spray the breadcrumbs with cooking spray to moisten.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees in the center of the filling. Remove toothpicks and serve.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen