Cranberry & turkey sausage rolls
Cake and Whisky
Hosting a festive get-together this festive season? Those cranberry & turkey sausage rolls are super-easy to make and so festive - a Christmas must-bake!
- 1 pack all-butter puff pastry
- 1 pack (350g) turkey sausage meat or sausages
- 100 g fresh cranberries (roughly chopped)
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage meat, cranberries and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Place this mix into a pipping bag (or a sandwich bag if you don't have one).
- Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle, then cut into two long rectangles.
- Use your piping bag to place a layer of sausage meat down the middle of each pastry rectangle, then brush each with beaten egg on one edge.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge. Press down to seal and trim any excess. Cut each pastry roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls.
- Place the sausage rolls onto the baking tray. Brush the top of each roll with a little more egg and bake for 15-20 min. Serve warm or at room temperature.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky