Creamy Brussel Sprouts Curry
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Curry is an interesting and delicious preparation with Brussels sprouts. It is a perfect side dish to serve with rice or roti.
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and quartered )
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp almond butter (soak 3tbsp cashews or almonds and grind into a paste)
- (1.25l) fish stock
- (1.25l) fish stock (adjust as per taste preference)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (or Curry powder)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- to taste Salt
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once they start to splutter, add the onions and garlic. Cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and turmeric. Cook till the sprouts are almost cooked through, about 8~10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, garam masala, red chili powder and salt. Cover and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the coconut milk, almond butter and some water; bring to a simmer and cook for 3~4 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve with rice or bread.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout