Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken and Rice
The Salty Marshmallow
Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken and Rice - This deliciously creamy chicken and rice is one of the easiest one pot meals you will ever make! Juicy chicken and rice are cooked together in a buttery broth then mixed up with cream and parmesan cheese for a luscious 30 minute one pan dinner!
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts, (Cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, (Diced)
- 3 cloves garlic, (Minced (3 Teaspoons))
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- parsley for serving, (Optional)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to soften.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan along with the Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes until chicken is golden on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and rice to the pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 17-20 minutes, until rice is completely tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan. Serve immediately topped with parsley if desired.
View the recipe instructions at The Salty Marshmallow