Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Chipotle Aioli
Smashed Potatoes with Chipotle Aioli are an easy 4 ingredient side recipe. Smashing the potatoes before roasting means more of those perfect crispy edges.
- 2 pounds baby red or yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup mayo of choice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (minced)
- pinch salt and pepper
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover them with water. Add in 1 tablespoon of salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet that has been coated with olive oil. Using a meat cleaver or the back of a glass, press down on each potato to flatten them out.
- Brush them with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes have crispy edges.
- While the potatoes are cooking, stir together all of the aioli ingredients. Serve the potatoes with the aioli.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds