Crispy Turmeric Roasted Chickpeas
Crispy Turmeric Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) are a great Vegan & Gluten-Free healthy snack or delicious salad topping!
- 400 grams canned chickpeas
- 3 tbs olive oil ((divided))
- 1 tsp red paprika
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- cayenne pepper
- thyme, oregano
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Drain chickpeas, wash and thoroughly dry. If any skin comes off, you can remove it, but this is optional. Use paper towels to completely dry your chickpeas.
- In a bowl, pour olive oil, then add your spices: 1 ts red paprika, 1/2 ts turmeric, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt, a pinch of ginger, thyme and oregano. Combine well.
- Add dried chickpeas to the olive oil coating and toss to combine.
- Place coated chickpeas on a baking tray, lined with baking paper or aluminium foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chickpeas turn golden-brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. During cooling, the chickpeas will turn crispy. Serve as snack, or as topping in soups or salads.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates