Crispy Turmeric Roasted Chickpeas
Crispy Turmeric Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) are a great Vegan & Gluten-Free healthy snack or delicious salad topping!
- 400 grams canned chickpeas
- 3 tbs olive oil ((divided))
- 1 tsp red paprika
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- cayenne pepper
- thyme, oregano
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Drain chickpeas, wash and thoroughly dry. If any skin comes off, you can remove it, but this is optional. Use paper towels to completely dry your chickpeas.
- In a bowl, pour olive oil, then add your spices: 1 ts red paprika, 1/2 ts turmeric, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt, a pinch of ginger, thyme and oregano. Combine well.
- Add dried chickpeas to the olive oil coating and toss to combine.
- Place coated chickpeas on a baking tray, lined with baking paper or aluminium foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chickpeas turn golden-brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. During cooling, the chickpeas will turn crispy. Serve as snack, or as topping in soups or salads.