Crown Prince squash soup
Cake and Whisky
Squash soup is the ultimate soup-er supper: healthy, seasonal & comforting, SUPER EASY to make & really exciting when served with a lot of fun toppings!
- 2 small carrots, (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 small potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 250 g crown Prince squash (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- 1 vegetable stock cube (preferably low salt)
- salt, black pepper
- your choice of garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat up the olive oil.
- Add all the vegetables and a small pinch of salt and fry for a few minutes until slightly golden.
- Cover with water, add the stock cube, pop the lid on and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to blend the soup.
- Share between 2-4 bowls and go wild with the toppings!