Crumble in a jar
Cake and Whisky
Perfect for al-desko/fresco lunches, suppers or a particularly indulgent snack... No matter the time of the day, those crumble in a jar are just peachy!
- for the roasted fruit
- 4 ripe peaches or nectarines
- 1 tbsp honey
- for the crumble
- 30g g soft butter
- 60g g granulated sugar
- 90g g plain flour
- for the custard
- 200ml l milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split in half
- 1 egg yolk
- 0.5 tsp corn flour
- 25g g granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- Peel and chop the fruit, then place into an oven-proof dish. Drizzle with honey and bake until soft (about 35-40 min).
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and flour into a fine crumb. Place onto an oven tray and bake until golden (about 20min).
- Heat up the milk with the vanilla pod until just boiling.
- In the meantime, mix together the egg yolk, sugar and corn flour.
- Pour the milk over the egg mixture and stir well.
- Return the mix into a clean saucepan and cook gently over a low heat until it thickens.
- Layer the roasted fruit and custard into small (8oz) jars. Pop the lids on and store the jars in the fridge until you need them.
- Top with a layer of crumble and serve immediately.