Custard with Gulab Jamun and Praline topping
Custard with Gulab Jamun and Praline topping is a creamy and delicious dessert that is perfect to serve with any Indian meal.
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp Custard powder (I use Brown & Polson brand)
- 2~3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey or Light Corn Syrup
- 8~12 gulab Jamun
- In a small bowl, whisk together custard powder and ¼cup of milk.
- In a medium heavy bottom pan, combine the remaining milk and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and stir in the custard powder mixture. Stir continuously and cook on low flame until the mixture starts to thicken, about 2~3 minutes.
- Let he mixture cool completely. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine nuts, brown sugar and honey in a small bowl. Mix well to make sure that the nuts are evenly coated.
- Place the nut mixture on the baking sheet. Bake for 7~10 minutes or until the sugar is caramelized and the nuts are toasted. Stir them once in the middle. Remove from the oven onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, break the praline into small pieces.
- Divide the custard between serving bowls. Add warm jamuns in each bowl and top with the chopped praline. Serve immediately!!