Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies ~ these buttery slice and bake chocolate shortbread cookies studded with peanut butter chips are irresistible!
makes 12-14 cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup dark (dutch processed) cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- set oven to 325F
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together with a wooden spoon, or a silicone spatula. Add in:
- Mix until completely blended, then fold in:
- Form the dough into a log and wrap in waxed or parchment paper, smoothing and shaping as you roll. Twist the ends firmly to secure.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, longer if you want.
- Slice the log into 3/8 inch slices with a sharp knife, and put them on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. They will still be soft when hot.
- Cool on the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool.