Death by Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
The View From the Great Island
If you're a pumpkin lover, or a chocolate lover, you can't afford to pass up this Death by Chocolate Pumpkin Bread, it's quite decadently delicious.
- dry ingredients
- 1.25 cups flour
- 0.33333333333333 cup cocoa powder, sifted (use Dutched cocoa or Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp each of nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, and ginger
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- fold in
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ganache topping
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a sheet of parchment paper (so you can lift it out easily for slicing)
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the dry to to the wet and mix until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until risen and a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it ~ moist crumbs are fine.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then carefully lift it out and let cool on a rack.
- When the cake is cooled, frost it with a thick layer of ganache.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream to a simmer, then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes, then stir until glossy and smooth. If your ganache is not thick enough to spread, refrigerate it for 10 minutes.