Death by Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
The View From the Great Island
If you're a pumpkin lover, or a chocolate lover, you can't afford to pass up this Death by Chocolate Pumpkin Bread, it's quite decadently delicious.
- dry ingredients
- 1¼ cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, sifted ( (I use Dutched cocoa or Hershey's Special Dark))
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp each of nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, and ginger
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- fold in
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ganache topping
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a sheet of parchment paper (so you can lift it out easily for slicing)
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the dry to to the wet and mix until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until risen and a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it ~ moist crumbs are fine.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then carefully lift it out and let cool on a rack.
- When the cake is cooled, frost it with a thick layer of ganache.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream to a simmer, then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes, then stir until glossy and smooth. If your ganache is not thick enough to spread, refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island