Death By Chocolate Zucchini Bread
The View From the Great Island
Death By Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a decadently addictive chocolate zucchini bread topped off with a creamy bittersweet ganache!
- dry ingredients
- 1.25 cups all purpose flour
- 0.5 cup cocoa powder (I used (buy two medium)
- 0.66666666666667 cup chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment, leaving the ends long so you can lift the cake out for slicing after it has baked.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. I like to sift the cocoa powder to get rid of any lumps. Set aside.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together until pale and smooth. Beat in the butter and vanilla, then fold in the zucchini.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet, in three stages, blending just until incorporated after each addition, and don't over-beat!
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center doesn't come out with wet batter clinging to it.
- Cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream to a simmer, then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes, then stir until glossy and smooth. Refrigerate until cooled and spreadable, stirring every once in a while to keep it glossy. Then spread a thick layer over your zucchini bread.