Dinosaur Egg Popsicles and other wonders of summer
The View From the Great Island
Dinosaur Egg Popsicles are a whole fruit treat made with pluots, a cross between a plum and an apricot, and one of the truly spectacular fruits of summer!
makes approximately 8 popsicles
- 8 pluots, of any variety
- 2 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
- juice of lemon
- Cut each pluot in half and then give them a rough chop. Add them to the bowl of a food processor along with the sugar and the lemon juice. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the machine if necessary.
- Transfer the puree to a measuring up with a spout and fill your popsicle molds.
- Insert sticks and freeze until solid.
- To remove, fill your sink with hot tap water and immerse the mold up to, but not over, the top lip for just a few second. If the popsicles are still stuck, immerse for a few more seconds.
- Store well wrapped in the freezer.