Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
The View From the Great Island
This Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Pie is the ultimate dessert. Eat it warm from the oven with a big scoop of ice cream!
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 0.75 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (I like Hershey's Special Dark)
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until well blended. Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- Toss in the flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into a 10 inch cast iron or non stick skillet, spreading out evenly.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes, until just set in the center.
- Let cool a bit before slicing.