Dried Fruit Crackers
These Dried Fruit Crackers are addictive and absolutely delicious. They are great addition to a cheese and fruit platter.
- 1 cups Wholewheat Flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 12 tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into pats
- 1 tbsp Egg replacer powder whisked in 3tbsp water (or use 1 large egg)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup Dry fruit (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Demerera Sugar (for sprinkling)
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, combine flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and ground coriander. With the paddle attachment, mix the ingredients to combine.
- With the machine running, add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Next add the egg replacer mixture and water. Mix until the mixture just comes together.
- Stir in the dried fruit and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat it into 9"x13" rectangle about ½" thick. Wrap with plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into half and roll each piece into 1/8"~¼" thick. Trim the edges (save the scraps to re-roll) and cut the dough into 1½" squares or diamonds.
- Transfer the crackers to the prepared baking sheet and prick each one with a fork. Sprinkle demerera sugar on top and bake for 16~18 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove the crackers out of the oven and let them cool on pan. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout